There are many ways to become involved with helping animals here in Humboldt County! Besides donating and adopting, we offer a variety of volunteer opportunities. If you have any questions or would like more information, please get in touch.
Spay/Neuter Program Volunteers
- Transportation volunteers transport animals to and from appointments when their caregivers are unable to do so.
Foster Family Volunteers
- Become a short-term foster family, help medicate and socialize cats and kittens before they head to their new homes.
Feral Cat Program Volunteers
- Trappers humanely trap feral cats and transport to and from veterinary appointments.
- Feral colony managers provide food, water and shelter for feral cats.
- Event co-ordinators/workers plan and conduct fundraising events, including but not limited to:
- Bake Sales
- Garage Sales
- Chocolate Sales
- Dog Washes
- Spayghetti and No-Balls Dinner
- Donation jar monitors place and service donation jars in local businesses.
Outreach & Education Volunteers
- Outreach workers make presentations to schools, clubs, and civic groups about responsible pet ownership and the importance of spaying and neutering.
If you think you would be a good match for one or more of these positions, or if you have another idea of how you'd like to help, please let us know.